From Marrakech to Merzouga Desert – 5 Days

From Marrakech to Merzouga Desert & Ouarzazate

We would like to invite you in this 5 day to discover the breath-taking landscapes of Morocco and become more familiar with the traditions and warm-hearted hospitality of the Amazigh people. Take a break from the hectic city life in Marrakesh and discover the desert of Morocco with the help of our Marrakech Day Trips. This is a tour of a lifetime, amazing landscape on our way to the desert and spending a night in the desert. The sunset is amazing, the starry sky at night and then the sunrise over the desert in the morning.

Day (1):

Transfer from the airport to the beautiful Riad in the Medina of Marrakech. You have free time to discover the souks in splendid color, which are just at the door of your Riad. Dinner at your choice on the famous Djemaa el Fna square or in one of the small restaurants not far.

Day (2):

After an early breakfast, we start the trip. We cross the High Atlas Mountains by the pass of Tizi N'Tichka on 2,260 meters above sea level, with clear views. Our lunch will take us to Ait Benhaddou, and we have enough time to explore the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou. The 'Ksar' is a group of earthen buildings surrounded by walls and has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1987. Several films have been shot, including: 'Game of Thrones' 'Lawrence of Arabia' and 'Gladiator'. In Ouarzazate, we visit Atlas Studios - Hollywood of Morocco.
Overnight half-board out of town.

Day (3):

After breakfast we will continue our tour to the Gorges de Todra. It's a show, with its gigantic rock walls, changing color to create magical effects with sunlight. We will have lunch here before heading back to Merzouga, where the camels are already waiting to take us to our luxury camp (it is possible to go by 4x4 for those who prefer). Here we will spend the night, all tents have private shower / WC. Climb on dunes and admire the sunset! After dinner, the staff will perform a drum concert under the stars. A magical experience!
Night in half board.

Day (4):

Wake up early to admire the sunrise! After breakfast, do not miss the chance of sandboarding on the dunes. After we return in camels (or 4X4) to the car to continue our trip. The next stop will be in a camel farm, where you can enjoy fresh camel milk. Today's destination is the Dades Valley - lunch halfway.
Night in half board.

Day (5):

Today we start the journey back to Marrakech by the Valley of Roses. Arrival in Marrakech around 18 hours. Check-In at Riad and dine at your choice.
Night and breakfast.

Group 1 person

#On request

Group 2 - 3 people


Group 4 - 7 people


Group 8 - 12 people


- 2 nights bed and breakfast in a Riad in Marrakech (shared, double/twin room)
- 2 nights route on half-board
- 1 night on half-board in a tent in the desert camp (shared, double or triple)
- Airport transfers and transport on the trip
- Private experienced driver and guide during the trip
- Camel ride to the desert camp
- Visit of a camel farm
What is extra:
Drinks Lunch Entrance fees Transport within Marrakech
Recommendation / Notes:
If you want to enjoy this trip in a private group with more than 4 persons, please try to make your reservation about 2 months in advance to make sure that you all are booked in the same Riad!
Free cancellation 7 days before arrival date.
We need an advance of 30% of the total amount 4 weeks prior to arrival date, the remaining 70% are to be paid in cash upon arrival.
Don't forget a backpack for your personal items for the night in the desert camp!

How to Confirm this Tour ?

Step 1 :
Let us know the exacte dates for the tour.
This will be discussed by email before you send the deposit.
Step 2 :
Send us a down payment via bank account.
Step 3 :
Let us know your accommodation details for the pick up. Address & tel if you are staying in a Riad / Hotel. This can be whenever available and should be send by email at latest 12hours before departure.




    Abdellatif - Ouirgane Local Guide

      Open chat
      Need help?
      Can we help you?